S was Diagnosed in 2003, when he was 3, with High functioning autism. Now he comes across as any other boy, makes jokes, plays games and watches spongebob. Its not apparent he has a difficulty so people either think he is naughtly, has odd ways, or do not take us seriously.
He is like any other boy...and he has autism.
E was born in 2005, and does not have autism. He acts in ways that I had no idea about, laughs at my jokes, acts like a clown, plays with toys and watches spongebob too.
He is like any other boy...just like his brother
This is my musings, experiances, and anything else as the mum of one son with autism, and one son without it. I hope it makes a difference.


A brief snippet of my life...

Ive been sorta busy the last week, well it was half term so kiddywinks were home so it was complete madness!! Ive decided to leave my blog to just grow naturally ( or should that be organically!) and just post about...well anything really!!

So, apart from having another essay due in a couple of weeks, my other concern (AGAIN) has been my eldest sons education. Although progress has been made today. To cut a long story short, I'm his carer as he has high functioning autism. I'm not gonna go on about it too much as that's not what i wanna do with this blog, but suffice to say, hes a normal kid, but sees and interprets the world differently. For instance, we are in the front room and I say to him " can you take your plate outside" Now YOU know that i mean the kitchen. HIS reply was "why do i have to take my plate to the garden, that's s stupid thing to do, you don't put plates in the garden"etc etc. I rest my case.

So I have trouble getting him to read and do homework at home, as in his mind school is for school work and home is for playing games! What do I find in his reading book....a note saying "please get him to learn these words as he is very behind and needs to make progress for middle school. " well I nearly blew my top, and I replied" I know he is behind and needs to make progress, I thought that was the SCHOOLS JOB!" ok bit OTT, but I keep telling them I'm having trouble getting him to do stuff at home and they, actually everyone, just ignores it. Its just me and the kids, and I cant go every day with hours spent arguing over reading a book! ( Ive already had 3 years of it so trust me I cant take much more!!)

I must say tho that today I found out that he is doing his homework in school and he IS doing it and NOT moaning about it...which is very good progress for him, and finally something postive from the school.

This is just a snippet of what goes on, and if you magnify it by about 1000 then "welcome to my life". I will just carry on with the mental exhaustion...! (no not really, I'm good to go!!)

End of ranting.....

0 comments:


My photo
Im a full time single mum of 2 boys. My eldest son is 9 and has autism, my 4 year old does'nt! im studying creative writing with the ou, and i'm a sci fi geek...sorry!

latest comments...

Awards

Awards
x2

Thanks Clareybabble!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Autism Blogger - The Online Autism Community

Template Brought by :

blogger templates