S was Diagnosed in 2003, when he was 3, with High functioning autism. Now he comes across as any other boy, makes jokes, plays games and watches spongebob. Its not apparent he has a difficulty so people either think he is naughtly, has odd ways, or do not take us seriously.
He is like any other boy...and he has autism.
E was born in 2005, and does not have autism. He acts in ways that I had no idea about, laughs at my jokes, acts like a clown, plays with toys and watches spongebob too.
He is like any other boy...just like his brother
This is my musings, experiances, and anything else as the mum of one son with autism, and one son without it. I hope it makes a difference.


I cant fix doors.

Today, S woke up with a temperature, the washing machine broke, (although its fixed now)and my 3 year old had a temper tantrum and slammed the door so hard it managed to get wedged and he got locked in the living room.

I managed to get a screw driver and "unlock" him. I then decided to try and fix said door, so un-screwed the door handle to realise that I had no idea what I was actually doing, so just screwed the dam thing back on again.
S got a bit upset cos I was shouting at E "you've gone and locked yourself I...arrggghhh I cant get you out!!" etc etc. He was concerned with the fact that "someone" was locked in "somewhere".

My 3year old is now playing with play-doh, S is still ill and dozing and whilst writing this after everything has calmed down..Ive realised Ive not actually had time to eat anything today (3 year old had a plate of sandwiches, carrot, cucumber, ham and cheese for tea!) so I'm off to make sausage sandwiches...cos that's what I want!!

3 comments:

san said...

One of those days eh?
Award for you at mine x

Stephanie said...

Hi there. Just stumbled across your blog! I too am not handy with the door fixing or for that matter window or cabinet fixing stuff either!
Love this post, hope your weekend is better then today was!

Katherine said...

Ohhh might join you, mine's a bacon butty. An evening of tantrums has earned me a bit of indulgence!


My photo
Im a full time single mum of 2 boys. My eldest son is 9 and has autism, my 4 year old does'nt! im studying creative writing with the ou, and i'm a sci fi geek...sorry!

latest comments...

Awards

Awards
x2

Thanks Clareybabble!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Autism Blogger - The Online Autism Community

Template Brought by :

blogger templates